Whether you are listening to music through a phone, tablet, MP3 player or computer the quality of the sound being produced is for the most part reliant on the headphones or speakers used. Now you could spend thousands on top quality audiophile equipment in order to get the best sound possible and that often involves extra hardware such as DACs to make the signal as clean and clear as possible, but that’s not the direction we’re headed in for this review. No, today I’m looking at a cheaper, highly portable device to see what kind of sound reproduction and functionality you can expect when you reduce the price tag to just £40.
The Audio Dynamix X05-UE3, or Ultimate Experience 3 if you don’t like the code name, is less than a span in length and weighs slightly over 1lb so it’s one of our more portable speakers. It comes with Bluetooth and a handle but is that as high tech as it goes? Well, let’s look at its specifications and then we can start to uncover any secrets that this aluminium-wrapped budget speaker has to hold.
- Power Output 2 x 5watts RMS (2 x 12watts max)
- Drivers: 2 x 50mm Kevlar diaphragms with 16 core neodymium magnet system.
- Bass enhancement – Each driver is sealed in it’s own acoustic chamber with a 70 x 35mm oval Bass radiator.
- Bluetooth version 4.0 using the CSR8635 chipset
- Bluetooth range ≤20mtrs
- Battery type: Lithium-ion grade A
- Battery capacity: 2600mAh, 3.7volt
- Playtime: up to 10hrs via Bluetooth and 20hrs via AUX
- Frequency range: 50Hz to 19KHz
- SPL: 107DB at a distance of 0.5metres
- Dimensions: 202mm x 59mm x 89mm (with handle up)
Read on for the close-up inspection of the Audio Dynamix X05-UE3.