Gioteck is a gaming peripherals company formed in 2007 with offices in France, the UK and US. Gioteck currently covers both Mac and PC with their products as well as Sony’s two current home consoles and Microsoft’s Xbox 360.
The Gioteck EX-05s headset that features in this review is an entry level headset at a budget price of £20. The Ex-05s covers the platforms mentioned above and looks to be an ideal headset for someone’s first foray into the market for dedicated device that covers both audio and voice chat.
- 40mm High quality stereo drivers delivering rich detailed audio.
- Noise isolating microphone to eliminate echo and external noise.
- Breathable micro-fibre ear cups, keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Advanced Noise-Reduction to eliminate game sound interference from external speakers.
- Flexible 180* rotating microphone arm.
- Instinctive and accessible controls for voice and game sound.
- Stainless steel detailing.
- Compatible with Mac, PC, PS3 & Xbox 360.
What Gioteck say about the EX-05s:
The EX-05s hardened edition integrates superior stereo game sound with crystal-clear voice communication on the PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac to create an outstanding audio environment for gaming on all platforms.
The Gioteck website and EX-05s manual are light on specific details so I’ve had to run with what little there is. The EX-05s seems to improve over the previous EX-05 by bumping up the drivers to 40mm over 20mm and that’s about it. 40mm drivers are ubiquitous in the headphone market whether you’re paying £20 or £120, so Gioteck are at least ticking the right boxes.
Time to see what the box and the Ex-05s itself look like.