An ARM-based PC has been developed including many features it should be incredible value for general web browsing and some word processing applications. By default it comes with support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, S/PDIF, Stereo line-out, Stereo line-in and USB.
The intended uses right now are being focused as a media player, IPTV client and thin client. This gives it a potential use in both the domestic and commercial markets for a myriad of reasons.
The specifications are as follows:
- Graphics Processing Unit supporting OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0, OpenVG 1.1, and OpenCL EP
- Video Processing Unit supporting multi-stream 1080p H.264, VC1, RV10, and DivX decoding
- HDMI 1.4 up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- DVI-D up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Stereo line-out and stereo line-in
- S/PDIF (electrical through 3.5 mm jack)
- Four USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbit/s
- USB OTG port, 480 Mbit/s
- Two RS232 serial ports, ultra mini serial connector
This is a fantastic step to bringing the power of computers to everyone. At an affordable price to many people within many regions I look forward to its release.
For more information please visit here.