– Fan mesh filter for 120mm fan on the top
– Aluminium hair-silk anodized appearance design
– Black coated interior
– Compatible with ATX POWER SUPPLY
– Compatible with 170mm VGA card
– Supports max. 160mm height CPU cooler
– 2*USB3.0 ports
– Anti-vibration rubber for HDD installation
– Supports 3*2.5”HDD + 1* 3.5”HDD or 1*2.5”HDD+2* 3.5”HDD
– 12025 O-type LED fan pre-installed at rear.
– Option to install 12025 mm fan on the top (with mesh filter)
– Ventilation holes for airflow at the side panel
– Colour: Silver – Hair-silk anodized
– Internal colour: Matte Black
– Dimension (D/W/H): 277mm*190mm*254mm
– Weight (N.W.): 2.8kg
– Weight (G.W.): 3.2kg
– Material: 1.5mm aluminium (External); SPCC 0.5mm(Internal)
– M/B Type: Mini-ITX
– Power Supply: PS-2 (regular ATX PSU)
– Power Supply Integration: Internal Bottom PSU
– 5.25″ Drive Bays: n/a
– 3.5″ Hidden: 1+1 (or 2.5*2), 2.5″ Device: 1+2 (or 3.5*1)
– I/O Panel: USB3.0 * 2; HD Audio x 1
– PCI Slot: 2
– HDD anti-vibration rubber: On bottom
– CPU Cooler Height: 160mm max.
– Graphic Card Length: 170mm
– Cable Management: Regular
– Rear Cooling Fan: 12025 O-type LED fan*1 (pre-installed)
– Top Cooling Fan: 120mm*1 (option)
Aside from being one of the most stylish and elegant looking aluminium ITX cases on the market, the Raijintek Metis Plus has a lot more going for it than just looks. For such a small chassis, the interior is quite roomy when smaller components are installed. The main decider in how much space is left for cable management etc, is the size of power supply used when building. Having personally installed 3 different sized units, I found the smaller the better in all honesty; my 1000w be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 was the biggest of the 3 and it left little room for cable management whatsoever.
In terms of component support, the Metis Plus only supports graphics cards with a maximum length of 170mm (officially), although I did manage to fit a 240mm ASUS ROG GTX 1050 Ti STRIX graphics card in with the smaller power supply. Although not officially supported, it was a squeeze inside and I wouldn’t exactly recommend doing so, but if you want to think outside the box, the Metis Plus allows you to do so. The other notable thing is the CPU cooler; only coolers up to a maximum height of 160mm are supported. This means that ‘most’ mid-range heatsinks will fit inside no problems and depending on the type of system you are trying to build, you can easily keep an i3/i5/i7 chip cool!
Overall the Raijintek Metis Plus is one of the nicest looking ITX cases on the market and having such a good looking aluminium exterior really sells this case for me. Sure, it could be bigger, but it would detract from the entire point of this ITX chassis which is small, small and smaller! If you have a budget of up to £50, make sure you check out the Raijintek Metis Plus!
You can purchase here from Overclockers UK – CLICK ME TO BUY
Huge thanks to Raijintek/Overclockers UK for sending the Metis Plus ITX chassis in for review!
- Very small, which is the aim of the Metis Plus
- Has stunning looks all round
- The silver aluminium finish is flawless
- Despite the small size, has plenty of room inside for cable management (if you plan before you build)
- Works best with smaller modular power supply
- The price is good and highly competitive!
- Smaller form factor graphics cards demand a premium, so be wary