We have had a few products for be quiet! recently showcasing their work producing cases and power supplies which have highlighted their German passion for quality and precision engineering as well as their almost savant level of determination in making the quietest products available. Today we see yet another branch of the company with the same focus and goals when it comes to CPU cooling. The brand new Silent Loop series of coolers marks a new chapter for the company as it releases All-In-One liquid cooling solutions for the first time.
The Silent Loop series is available in 120mm, 240mm and 280mm radiator sizes and it’s the 280mm variant that I have the pleasure of working with today. Fitted with two Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM fans, reinforced flexible tubing and complete with a fill port to top up liquid after a prolonged period as well as three years warranty, be quiet! may have thought about everything to make this a success, but these external factors will pale into insignificance if the heat transfer plate and innovative new pump aren’t up to the task. The pump in question is their unique new ‘decoupled reverse-flow’ pump, designed to pull water through the cold plate instead of push it which reduces the speed the pump needs to run at thereby reducing noise and vibration compared to rival AIOs.
be quiet! have produced a video to introduce their new range which I have included below.
Before we sink our teeth into the cooler we should get through the formalities, and that means taking a gander at the rest of the features and specifications as well as a close-up look at what’s in store for us.
- Innovative decoupled reverse-flow pump runs smoother, quieter and with less vibration than conventional pumps
- Full copper radiator for an impressive cooling performance
- Two Pure Wings 2 PWM fans provide quiet operation with high air pressure
- Customized fan speed thanks to PWM function
- Easy handling due to flexible bend-protection tubes and convenient mounting
- Full copper parts and a refill port extend the product’s lifespan
- Nickel-plated cold plate allows optimum use of heat-conducting metallic paste
- Compatible with Intel® and AMD™ sockets
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany