Corsair has announced two new SSD related products; a SSD and hard disk drive cloning kit and the Corsair SSD Toolbox.
SSD and hard disk drive cloning kit
This kit allows you to easily move data from either a hard drive or SSD by selecting the source and destination drives and then pressing a button. It is primarily designed for people moving all their data to a new SSD.
The kit comes with the data migration software, USB to SATA cable and quick start guide. The included cable is both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible, being able to deliver transfer rates of up to 180MB/s with a USB 3.0 port; Corsair say this is 4 times faster than USB 2.0. The kit comes with a 3 year warranty and supports Corsair SSD and SATA notebook hard drives. It will work with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and OS X.
Corsair SSD Toolbox
The Corsair SSD toolbox is some Windows compatible software which is available as a free download from the downloads section of Corsair SSD product pages. The toolbox allows users of Corsair SSDs to install, configure, optimise and monitor the health of their drives.
The Corsair SSD toolbox features:
- Drive Information – Displays model, size, firmware, serial number, other key data and updates SSD firmware
- Over-provisioning – Allows allocation of SSD space to enhance endurance and performance
- SMART Status – Displays Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology status of drives
- Secure Wipe – Securely erases data from drives
- Optimize – Allows scheduling of TRIM command to optimize SSD performance
- Clone – Copies entire contents of one drive to another (coming in a future update)
Source: Corsair Press Release