Creative’s Omni Next Generation Portable Wireless
Multi-Room Speaker Debuts at IFA Berlin 2017
Enjoy Music from Streaming Services Using Multiple Creative Omni Units All Around the House Connected via Wi-Fi and Controlled by Using the Sound Blaster InterConnect Mobile App
Multi-Room Multi Speaker
As its name suggests (Omni is a Latin prefix meaning “all” or “every”), users can deploy multiple Creative Omni units all around their homes and enjoy music wirelessly via Wi-Fi. The speaker works with the Sound Blaster InterConnect app that allows users to manage audio streaming to one or multiple speakers from their smartphones or tablets.
Access to Millions of Songs
Creative Omni supports a wide range of popular streaming services including Spotify Connect, which give users access to millions of songs, plus effortless control of their music across multiple smartphones and tablets. Users can also listen to thousands of free Internet radio stations available on the iHeartRadio service – which is also supported by Creative Omni.
“The possibilities for enjoying music anywhere – even throughout their homes with multiple speakers – are exciting with the Creative Omni. With Wi-Fi and instant access to the internet, users have the potential of accessing millions of songs from service providers like Spotify and iHeartRadio, and experience quality audio playback from a well engineered portable speaker,” said Low Long Chye, General Manager of Creative. “Creative Omni also gives users a great level of flexibility in how they listen to their music. With the InterConnect app, multiple smart device users can choose to direct their music stream to a number of Omni speakers placed around the home, or broadcast their music to all speakers simultaneously; which is great for a dinner party, or for playing ambient music all throughout the home.”
When it comes to audio performance, the Creative Omni delivers impressive room-filling sound with its two in-house tuned 1.5” Neodymium driver plus two built-in passive radiators that deliver surprisingly deep bass. These four speaker drivers combined deliver full-bodied sound despite its compact size. The speaker allows for two placement options: vertically for focused audio, or horizontally for wider stereo.
Bluetooth and Splashproof for On-The-Go Music Portability
If users chose to use the Creative Omni on the go, the speakers also support Bluetooth wireless connectivity for ultra-portability, and it is even splashproof-rated at IPX4. Creative Omni comes in two colors bold black and pure white.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 71.1 x 200.8 x 68.5 mm / 2.78 x 7.9 x 2.7 inches
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.2, Aux-in, Micro SD card
- Battery Life: 8 hours (Bluetooth)
- Bluetooth Audio Codecs: AAC, SBC
- Wi-Fi / Streaming Codecs: MP3, WMA, WAV, ALAC, AAC+, FLAC, APE and OGG
- MicroSD Player Codecs: MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC
- Charging Interface: USB Micro-B, 5V 850mA
- Weatherproof Rating: IPX4
- Drivers: 2 x 1.5” Neodymium drivers, 2 x passive radiators
- Software: Sound Blaster InterConnect app (iOS/Android)
Other Feature-Rich Bluetooth Speakers Showcased at IFA 2017
Creative will also showcase a full range of feature packed Bluetooth speakers:
- Creative Halo – Powerful portable Bluetooth speaker with light show
- Creative Chrono – Powerful Bluetooth speaker with radio alarm clock
- Creative iRoar Go – The intelligent 5-driver splashproof portable Bluetooth speaker with SuperWide Technology
- Creative MUVO™ 2 and Creative MUVO 2c (now with additional new vibrant colours) – Powerful splashproof Bluetooth speakers that deliver impressive audio with deep bass and supports Stereo Wireless Link
To experience the Creative Omni and other Creative Bluetooth speakers, visit Booth No. 208, Hall 3.2 at IFA 2017 from 1 – 6 September 2017. To find out more about these products, visit Creative.com.
Pricing and Availability
Creative Omni will be available at Creative.com end-October 2017 and priced at GBP 109.99.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorized dealers.
For more information about Creative Omni, visit Creative.com.