The next-generation drive is built on quality, speed, and security
- Micron® 2nd Generation 64-layer 3D TLC NAND
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s
- Random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS1
- Capacities up to 2TB
- 2.5-inch and M.2 Type 2280 form factors
- 5-year limited warranty
- Great price/performance ratio and superior reliability
- 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive
- Dynamic Write Acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves saved work in the event of an unexpected power loss
- AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
- Exclusive Data Defense guards against data corruption
- Adaptive Thermal Protection limits temperatures within the drive
- Compatible with the Crucial® Storage Executive tool for easy drive maintenance
- Easy installation with a step-by-step guide at http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/ssd-install
- Free Acronis® True Image™ HD software included for easy data migration
Boise, ID and Glasgow, UK– JANUARY 9, 2018 – Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of the Crucial® MX500 SSD. The new drive features second generation Micron® 3D NAND technology and is 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive. Available in capacities up to 2TB in the 2.5-inch form factor and up to 1TB in the M.2 form factor, the MX500 has sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS. 
“This next generation MX500 SSD features a stackable 64-layer, 256-gigabit component. Micron’s floating gate NAND is designed with CMOS Under the Array (CUA), which allows us to minimise the footprint of the die. At 59 square millimeters, it’s among the world’s smallest 256-gigabit die,” said Jon Tanguy, Crucial Senior SSD Product Engineer. “Our engineering team has incorporated this leading-edge NAND technology in an SSD that includes all the advanced features Crucial customers have come to expect to keep their data safe.”
Crucial also directly addresses two of the scariest issues for first-time SSD buyers: moving files and installation. Upgrading from a traditional hard drive is easy with the MX500 thanks to the data migration and cloning software included with each drive. And the Crucial SSD Install Guide helps new installers with directions for every step of the process.
“We’re excited about our next generation of SSD drives and the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with them,” said Jonathan Weech, Crucial Senior SSD Product Manager. “Users can rest assured that their data, family videos, travel photos, music, and other important documents are stored safely on the MX500.”
The MX500 advanced features include:
- Dynamic Write Acceleration for faster saves and file transfers.
- Hardware-based encryption to keep personal files and confidential data secure.
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity to avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out.
- Exclusive Data Defense to prevent files from becoming corrupted and unusable.
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND to protect data at the component level.
Crucial SSDs have been established, proven, and tested for over seven generations of drives. The MX500 is backed by a five-year limited warranty3 and supported by the Crucial® Storage Executive software tool for easy drive maintenance. The 2.5-inch version of the MX500 is available for immediate purchase at Crucial.com or through our global channel partners, while the MX500 M.2 version will be available in Q1’18. For more information about the whole Crucial SSD portfolio, visit crucial.com/ssd.
Follow us online!
 Based on the published specs of the 1TB model. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
 1 GB equals 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary.
 5 years or before reaching the maximum total bytes written (TBW) on the product’s datasheet.
 Active average power use comparison based on published specs of the 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital® Caviar Blue™ WD10EZEX internal hard drive, which, as of November 2017, is one of the industry’s top-selling internal hard drives. All other capacities of the Crucial MX500 SSD have comparable active average power consumption specs.