Creative Assembly have released the required system specifications for their new title Total War: Rome 2 today, they are as follows:
- OS: Windows XP/ Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
- Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768
The minimal requirements are about the norm for a new title, interestingly there’s no mention of AMD processors, we know Total War: Rome 2 is going to be optimised for Intel Core CPU’s but just how much so will be interesting to see. Also 35GB of hard drive space is a lot for a single game, more than most current games at least, and with the enthusiast market moving to smaller, faster SSD’s don’t expect to get much else on one with this installed. Here’s the recommended settings:
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1920×1080
Interestingly they’re recommending a quad core processor at least, effectively utilising four cores is something a lot of games still struggle with preferring instead to stick with two. Overall it looks like this could require a fairly good pc to run it, the graphics definitely look good, Total War: Rome 2 is due for release on September 3rd.