TechPowerUp today announced MemTest64, the lightweight, standalone utility that lets you test your system memory for hardware faults and other errors. The application has a graphical user interface (GUI) and can be run from within Windows, without needing any administrator privileges.
MemTest64 should also be a handy tool for overclockers. Being easily able to test the stability of memory performance tunings, such as overclocks and tight timings. The utility puts your memory through a battery of test patterns while juggling data from the memory to the page file. Also very handy is the fact that the app is portable, and therefore does not require any installation. This the first public release of MemTest64 after TechPowerUp have gone through thorough internal testing.
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. 64-bit OS only
- Supports all modern processors, including Intel Core and AMD Ryzen
- No reboot or DOS-mode required
- You can control how much memory to test, to reduce operational impact
- Memory is tested using various detection algorithms
- Errors will be detected automatically
- Does not require Administrator privileges
- No installation or registry modifications required.