Bonuses and promotions are a part of every online casino and sportsbook and whether you are a beginner or avid punter, you must have come across different bonuses in casinos.
Casinos use bonuses to attract players to their sites offering different types of bonuses and guides like https://www.nyecasino.org/bonus/casino-bonus-uten-innskudd/ listing casinos that offer these bonuses.
Yet, bonuses often come tethered to conditions that must be fulfilled before reaping their benefits. These conditions are known as wagering requirements. This article delves into understanding the mechanics of these requirements and optimizing them to your advantage.
How do wagering requirements work?
Wagering requirements are conditions attached to a bonus or promotion. Casinos employ these requirements to secure profits from bonuses, enabling them to enjoy the benefits while maintaining their profitability.
Before withdrawing the bonus, you must complete the requirements put on the bonus, failure to do so means you have forfeited the bonus and the bonus money will not turn into real money.
These requirements are typically found in the terms and conditions of the bonus, found on the ‘promotions page’ on the casino’s website.
Low-wagering casinos are those with bonuses that have few and lower requirements, usually x20 or lower. Casinos with such bonuses use them to attract players who do not want to spend time on wagering requirements.
Though few, you can find online casinos that do not attach wagering requirements to their bonuses. Such casinos are growing in popularity as many punters would prefer to enjoy their bonuses without working too hard for them. Unfortunately, such casinos do not have large bonuses but a small bonus wager free can be a great addition to your gambling experience.
Doing the math
When you get a bonus from a casino, you do not get actual cash but bonus money, which you need to use on a game first before you can enjoy your winnings. The bonus ‘money’ is kept in a separate wallet and you will receive it once you meet all requirements.
Understanding the specified terms is crucial to meeting these requirements, which often poses a challenge for newcomers. However, it is not as complicated as it seems. Though they may require some calculations, doing the math on wagering requirements is not difficult.
Wagers are represented as a multiplier, meaning a bettor has to multiply the bonus amount by the specific number of times the casino offers. For example, if a casino offers a 100 % welcome bonus of up to $50 and offers a wagering requirement of x10, one will be required to place a bet using $500 before you can enjoy the $50 bonus.
Each bonus is different. Free spins, for instance, look different. While you will use the free spins on the games decided by the casino, you will still need to adhere to the requirements. To be precise, if you win $10 from free spins and the wagering requirement is x5, you will need to stake $50 or more to access the $10.
Learning how to calculate wagering requirements will help you know how to keep track of how much money you need to place a bet.
What to look for in the T&Cs
Wagering requirements are often tied to different terms and conditions.
- The maximum payout. Each bonus includes the maximum amount players can receive from the bonus.
- Minimum deposit required. Most bonuses include the minimum amount you will have to wager to receive the bonus amount.
- Minimum odds. Most sportsbooks also include minimum betting odds you must use.
- Time Limit. Bonuses are always bound to a time limit and if the wagering requirements are not met in that timeframe your bonus will be revoked. This time can vary between days, weeks, and months.
- Games that qualify for the bonus. While some casinos allow the bonus to be used in any game, some insist that the bonus amount be spent in a few selected games.
Each online sportsbook has its own terms and conditions for all promotions. Be sure to read them before opting into any deals.
How to beat wagering requirements
While you have to adhere to wagering requirements, there are two main measures you can take to make them work for you.
- Understand the terms and conditions. As already mentioned, each bonus has conditions that have to be met and these conditions depend on the specific bonus.
- Choose games that count high to your total wagering requirement. In other words, pick games that help you complete the games faster. Slots and progressive jackpots are a great option if offered as an option to wager on.
Are bonuses worth it?
Wagering requirements can be difficult to complete making accessing the bonus harder. Even so, bonuses are a great way to bankroll your wagers and give you a chance to save your money for other games.