We were recently sent some of NZXT’s latest RGB products to take a look at from their HUE 2 range. What better way to show you at home what they look like than to do a build FULL of everything we had?!
All of the pictures that accompany the product descriptions below are photos taken by us, so you can be assured of achieving the same look if you invest your hard earned cash in these awesome products.
A New Approach to RGB Accessories
One of the key innovations in the new HUE 2 family is the addition of a micro controller to every single RGB accessory. This innovative, patent-pending feature allows each HUE 2 component to identify its specific LED configuration, breaking the limits faced by existing RGB components available today.
In addition to allowing for different LED counts and unique accessories, this feature lets the user mix-and-match different components on a single channel making installation easier and allowing lighting modes to be synchronised across channels.
Aer RGB 2 Starter Kit (120mm or 140mm versions)
The Starter Kits include everything you need to add amazing RGB fans to your PC and are available in three configurations: 120mm with two fans, 120mm with three fans, and 140mm with two fans.
- HUE 2 RGB controller with four channels, each supporting up to 40 LEDs and six accessories
- Aer RGB 2 fans with individually addressable LEDs
- All necessary cables
- Backward-compatibility with existing HUE+ LED strips and Aer RGB fans.
(Note: older HUE+ accessories cannot be mixed on the same channel with HUE 2 accessories)
HUE 2 Cable Comb Accessory
Nothing finishes off a fully-custom PC build like braided PSU cables—except braided PSU cables with RGB lighting. This new HUE 2 accessory adds RGB lighting to cable combs for the 24-, 4+4- and 6+2-pin PSU cables.
- Supports 3mm diameter braided PSU cables
- Includes two 24-pin (motherboard), two 4+4-pin (CPU), and two 6+2 (GPU) cable combs
HUE 2 Underglow Accessory
The easy-to-install HUE 2 Underglow accessory incorporates a diffuser to provide a softer, more even glow under your case, and is compatible with all HUE 2 lighting modes. Available in two models, one for ATX and EATX cases and the other for mATX and mini-ITX cases.
- Two custom-designed HUE 2 underglow strips with diffuser
- PCI pass-through bracket to make installation easier
- All necessary cables
Key Features of the HUE 2 RGB and Ambient Lighting Controllers
- Faster processors deliver virtually instantaneous response and more lighting modes
- Two additional channels on the HUE 2 RGB Lighting Controller allow for even more HUE 2 accessories to be connected.
- Each channel supports up to six HUE 2 accessories or 40 LEDs
- Backward compatibility with existing HUE+ accessories
- Multiple HUE 2 family starter kits are available, including:
- HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit
- HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit (in two configurations)
- Aer RGB 2 120mm Starter Kits (2x120mm and 3x120mm)
- Aer RGB 2 140mm Starter Kits (2x140mm)
- The HUE 2 family accessories include:
- RGB LED strips
- 120mm and 140mm RGB fans
- Case underglow strips for ATX and mATX/ITX cases
- RGB cable comb accessories
|Product Name||Model Number||MSRP (UK)|
|HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit||AC-HUEP2-M1||£64.99|
|HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit for 21” to 26” monitors||AC-HUEHU-B1||£89.99|
|HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit for 27” to 35” monitors||AC-HUEHU-A1||£89.99|
|HUE 2 RGB LED strip accessory||AH-2SA30-D1||£24.99|
|NZXT Hue 2 RGB Under Glow LED Kit 200mm – 2x 200mm RGB LED Underglow Module, CAM-Powered||AH-2UGKD-B1||£27.99|
|Hue 2 RGB Under Glow LED Kit 300mm – 2x 300mm RGB LED Underglow Module, CAM-Powered||AH-2UGKK-A1||£32.99|
|HUE 2 RGB Cable Comb Accessory||AH-2PCCA-01||£27.99|
|Aer RGB 2 120mm Starter Kit (2x120mm)||HF-2812C-D1||£89.99|
|Aer RGB 2 120mm Starter Kit (3x120mm)||HF-2812C-T1||£119.99|
|Aer RGB 2 140mm Starter Kit (2x140mm)||HF-2814C-D1||£99.99|
|Aer RGB 2 120mm Fan (1x120mm)||HF-28120-B1||£26.99|
|Aer RGB 2 140mm Fan (1x140mm)||HF-28140-B1||£29.99|
All of these products along with many more can be found at NZXT.com
Huge thanks to NZXT for sending in all the parts used in the is epic RGB build