Today we take a look at the latest installment from be quiet! and their range of low noise power supplies, the Pure Power 9 500w. With be quiet! being a very reputable manufacturer of silent cooling and cases, we see them delve deep into the PSU market and hopefully, bring with it some awesome competition for other brands out there. But will be quiet! be the reigning champion of the power supply league or sit bottom with a sad face emoji? Let’s delve a little deeper into what the Pure Power 9 500w has on offer.
be quiet! is a brand owned by the German company Listan GmbH & Co. KG, who manufactures power supply units, CPU coolers, PC cases, and case fans. The main target groups for products in the be quiet! range are PC enthusiasts and gamers as well as smaller and larger PC integrators. The company’s headquarters is in Glinde, close to Hamburg. At present the firm also has branches in Poland, Taiwan and China. The products of be quiet! are directly sold from Glinde to distributors and resellers worldwide. However, the major market of the be quiet! brand is Europe.
Now we can crack on with the good stuff, taking a look at the product itself and paper based specification.
The following specification has been provided by be quiet! and a more detailed version can be found under the “Technical Data” heading here.
- 500 Watts of continuous power and two 12V-rails ensure rock-solid voltage stability for powerful multi-GPU system
- 80PLUS® Silver certification and up to 91% power conversion efficiency
- Exceptionally quiet operation achieved through an array of careful optimizations, including use of a silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan
- Stable operation in its class thanks to Active Clamp + SR power conversion technology
- Attractively sleeved cables simplify component installation, increase airflow and improve cooling
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
- 80PLUS® Silver certification means very high operating efficiency for its class of up to 91%
- High efficiency means money savings, reduced waste heat, and overall quieter operation
- Standby drain of less than 0.11 watts
- Meets Energy Star 6.0 guidelines
- Fulfills ErP 2014 guidelines
- Zero Load design supports Intel’s Deep Power Down C6/C7 mode
- High-quality 120mm be quiet! fan is thermally controlled and optimally governed to strike the best balance between proper cooling and deep quietness
- Airflow-optimized fan blades reduce turbulence, allowing for best-of-class quiet functioning with excellent airflow
- High-efficiency design produces low operating temperatures