Grinding Gear Games have announced their latest update for the online action RPG game Path of Exile is to release on June 3rd, 2016. Content Update 2.3.0 will mark the introduction of both a Standard and Hardcore version of the Prophecy Challenge League, in addition to this, a wealth of new skills items and challenges will also be introduced.
“What would you do if you knew what lay at the end of your path? If you could glimpse your future? If you could change it? For a small gift of silver, you can. Together we will change the stars. Together we will rewrite your prophecy.”
– Navali, Hatungo of the Karui
Players will encounter Navali, a Karui soothsayer, in each town as they explore Wraeclast in the Prophecy leagues. You will cross her palm with silver and she offers a glimpse into the future, which shows a prophecy for the player to fulfil. The prophecies take players to the farthest points of the continent as they try their hardest to achieve their destiny and show their Path of Exile mastery.
The Prophecy Supporter Pack
To celebrate the release of Porphecy GGG are offering the Prophecy Supporter Pack which will be priced at $60. It is to include 500 points, the Prophecy Supporter Pack which is worth over $100 in value and will have: the Prophecy Shroud Armor Set, Prophecy Portal Effect, Prophecy Mask Helmet Attachment, and a Prophecy Supporter Forum Title and Social Portrait Frame. It is available for purchase now with the effects immediately available so players can begin to prepare for the Prophecy leagues the way they should!
Check out the new Path of Exile trailer here:
Additional Content Update 2.3.0 Features
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exilesupporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth. Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.