Playing those old Nintendo games is today possible without buying outdated consoles. Old-fashioned video games have not been available for a considerable period of time, mostly because the technologies are constantly moving forward, and the gamers fell in love with modern games. However, some adults still miss their favourite primitive graphics and typical music of the first video games they played as children. Those games take us back to careless times when friends were around the whole day, and the newborn technology of consoles impressed and captivated our young imagination. We fell in love with all the systems like PlayStation, Nintendo, etc, spending hours playing.
These are the reasons why today, those old games were revived and given a second chance. Having a NES emulator romsmania means you can play such games as Super Mario Bros, The Legends of Zelda, Contra, and Kirby’s Adventure again, directly on your modern device. This fact is the best news in the world of gaming for many people globally. Downloading an NES emulator & ROMs can bring back the feeling of true gaming, and you won’t have to turn off the console and the TV set to avoid overheating. The games have gone digital now.
How to Install the NES Emulators on Laptop or Tablet
To play the games you need to download two types of files, which are the emulator and the ROM file, that is, the actual file containing the game. In other words, you will have one emulator to launch different ROMs. So, go to the website and download those, free of charge. The number of emulators is rather impressive, so choose the one that supports games you want to play. They are generally compatible with your systems. If you don’t know what to choose, check what the other users say. Each emulator has its own place in the Nintendo table.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to install it. After the file is installed, close the window.
- Open the file and, if you wish, you can change the full-screen mode and audio settings right at the beginning. You can also change the buttons assigned to control the game.
- Now, you are ready to download the ROM games. Go back to the website and check a huge list of ROMs offered: Super Mario Bros 2, Kirby’s Adventure, Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out, Legend of Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, etc.
- Create a folder to store all ROM games in one place.
- Find the «File» bar on the panel of the opened emulator. Open the folder you’ve just created and pick the game. That’s it.
If you want to run NES emulators on Android devices, this is a little bit more difficult. What you have to do is to go to the Play Store and look for a NES emulator via the search bar. We recommend downloading the app with the highest rating. Then, head over to the website and get ROM files for that downloaded emulator. Browse and get any NES ROM file you want, download it, then open the emulator and click on «Search for ROMs» as the program can’t automatically identify the downloaded ROMs. Search for your file and that’s it.