Today Virtual Plague Studios are pleased to announce the start of their Kickstarter for Johnny Reboot, a Metroidvanian inspired brawler that aims to tell the story of one man’s battle with a psychological disorder.
Johnny Reboot and the Legendary Upgrade is an original idea inspired by the personal experiences of the games’ Creative Director. Featuring a character that lives within the internet – A comedian with an ego who has a soft interior, while having a rough exterior.
“The story of Johnny Reboot is very personal to me, because it is based on a time in my life where I suffered from agoraphobia,” said Martyn Tranter Creative Director “As a studio, we’re aiming to use the game as a way to show everyone that has agoraphobia, and other psychological disorders, that anything is possible in life, you just got to keep going forward. So not only will backers have a fabulous game but they’re also helping raise public awareness of such mental conditions.”
- Large Cyber Fantasy World
- A narrative covering Agoraphobia
- Paths open based on discovered abilities
- Brawler combat with a mix of short to long range weapons
- Weapon augments change game play to suit your style or needs
- A custom dark ambient sound track coupled with high energy combat tracks by Evan Collingwood of Psykkle
About Virtual Plague Studios
Virtual Plague Studios is a collection of skilled individuals whom are seeking to create fun games. Conceived January 18th and comprises of 12 highly-skilled, committed and enthusiactic artists, modeler, animator, programmers and musicians.