Reputable and overclocking favourable UK retailer Overclockers UK have listed highly ambient binned Intel Core i7-7700K processors for £899.99. The processors are pre-binned by legendary former overclocking champion 8pack to a high clock of 5.2GHz with 1.32-1.39 vCore needed to achieve the clocks.
The settings and binning methodology are as follows:
– Guaranteed 5.2GHz core overclock in all none AVX applications. No games use AVX neither do 90% of professional applications
– CPUs delidded by OcUK professionals with Liquid Metal replacing original Intel TIM for 15c-30c cooler running temperatures
– Full 1-year warranty with OCUK, same as regular OEM CPU
– Free Thermal Grizzly 1g TIM so as to get the best contact with heat sink used.
Settings for 5.2GHz:
– Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most.
– VCCSA 1.05 for 3200mhz mems Upto 1.25 for DDR4000mhz +
– VCCIO 1.0 for 3200mhz mems. upto 1.25 For DDR4000mhz +
– Components used for binning (your cooling, mainboard and PSU need to be of similar quality:
– Asetek 240 AIO cooler
– 3200mhz 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair memory
– Nvidia GTX 1080
– Asus Strix and ROG motherboards and Gigabyte Gaming 7.
– 1200W Quality Gold PSU (Any 750W+ Gold PSU should be fine)
CPU 48hr Stress tests used:
– Real Bench
– None AVX Prime 95
– XTU with 3D running
Recommended hardware to get the best from the CPU:
– Motherboard in ASUS Strix, ROG range or Gigabyte Aorus.
– AIO cooler with 240mm Rad or higher, lesser cooling may work fine but is not guaranteed to.
– Quality Gold rated or above PSU providing enough quality power for the entire system.
– Waterloops may see higher stable overclocks
You can purchase here by clicking here – https://www.overclockers.co.uk/intel-core-i7-7700k-5.2ghz-kaby-lake-socket-lga1151-pre-binned-processor-oem-cp-007-oe.html
Would you consider paying the premium for one of these highly binned Intel Core i7-7700K 5.2GHz capable processors? Let us know in the comments!