Ultimate Boost for High-End Desktop Market with Aug. 10 Availability of 16- and 12-Core Ryzen Threadripper Processors
- The high-performance Ryzen CPU architecture delivers uncompromising performance in Ryzen Threadripper, delivering advanced feature sets, increased efficiency, and leadership performance on today’s most demanding PC workloads
- The 16-core, 32-thread Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, with a base clock of 3.4 GHz and a boost clock of 4.0 GHz, is available for pre-order for a suggested price of $999.
- The 12-core, 24-thread Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, with a base clock of 3.5 GHz and a boost clock of 4.0 GHz, is available for pre-order for a suggested price of $799.
- The new 8-core, 16-thread Ryzen Threadripper 1900X, with a base clock of 3.8 GHz and a boost clock of 4.0 GHz, is available on August 31st for a suggested price of $549.
- All AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors are supported by a full ecosystem of X399 platforms at launch, with motherboard designs already available from top motherboard manufacturers including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI.
AMD Redefines the Enthusiast Gaming Experience with Radeon RX Vega and Radeon Packs
- The Radeon RX Vega represents the most sophisticated GPU architecture ever designed for enthusiast-class gaming, delivering up to 13.7 TFLOPS of peak performance to power even the most demanding games and VR applications.
- The standalone Radeon RX Vega 56 is available starting at $399 USD SEP and the Radeon RX 64 is available starting at $499 USD SEP.
- AMD also introduced Radeon Packs, designed to put must-have technologies at gamers’ fingertips, and making upgrades to drive 60+ frames-per-second 4K gaming affordable for all. Radeon Packs include a $200 discount on the 34” Samsung CF791 curved ultrawide FreeSync monitor, and a $100 discount on select Ryzen™ 7 1800X processor and 370X motherboard combos – $300 in combined hardware savings. Along with the Radeon RX Vega graphics card, the discount on the Samsung monitor with Radeon FreeSync and Ryzen CPU+motherboard, each Radeon Pack also includes, in select regions, two highly anticipated games in Wolfenstein® II: The New Colossus™ and Prey® for free, an estimated $120 value.
- Radeon Red Pack features the Radeon RX Vega 56, an air-cooled card for a total SEP of $499.
- Radeon Black Pack features the Radeon RX Vega 64, an air-cooled card for a total SEP of $599.
- Radeon Aqua Pack features the Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition, the most powerful of the Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, for a total SEP of $699.
- Support for pioneering graphics technologies including Rapid Packed Math, the High Bandwidth Cache Controller and new Geometry and Pixel Engines will help push the performance envelope while gaming in low-level APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan, giving developers more flexibility in designing the most intricate and beautiful virtual worlds.
- Availability: Radeon Packs and Radeon RX Vega graphics cards are expected to be available starting August 14, 2017. For more information on where to buy, visit http://radeon.com/RXVega.
Radeon Pro WX 9100 and Radeon Pro SSG Defy Convention to Forge the Future of Professional Content Creation
- The Radeon Pro WX 9100 and Radeon Pro SSG professional graphics cards introduce advanced technology never before seen in the professional space that reduce or eliminate traditional content creation barriers, empowering artists, designers and engineers to better realize their visions.
- The Radeon Pro WX 9100 workstation graphics card, designed to excel in the most demanding media and entertainment, and design and manufacturing workloads, features:
- 12.3 TFLOPS of peak single precision compute performance
- Next-Gen Compute Units with Rapid Packed Math and an Enhanced Geometry Pipeline to improve processing efficiencies
- 16GB of High-Bandwidth Cache based on the newest, ultra-fast HBM2 Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memory
- 51 percent more memory bandwidth, 2.6X performance/Watt, 2.3X the compute performance of AMD’s previous generation graphics cards, and the latest display technologies including support for 8K at 60Hz, 4K at 120Hz, and DisplayPort 1.4 HDR-ready with support for up to six displays using AMD Eyefinity technology
- The Radeon Pro SSG offers the same performance and features of the Radeon Pro WX 9100, and it is the world’s first GPU to break the terabyte memory barrier with 2TB of graphics memory – enabling smooth, native 8K video editing in real-time.
- Pricing and availability: Both graphics cards’ planned availability is September 13. For more information visit https://pro.radeon.com/wx/9100 and https://pro.radeon.com/ssg.
- AMD also announced the open-source availability of Radeon ProRender.
Introducing AMD Studios: A New Initiative Dedicated to Advancing Film, Television, VR and AR Through Technology
- Together with the world’s top entertainment companies and content creators, AMD Studios looks to support advances such as AI, super high-fidelity rendering, pre-visualization, virtual production and new post-production technologies to realize the goal of a single end-to-end digital pipeline, easing production time and effort and unleashing creativity.
- AMD Studios pairs AMD’s advanced hardware portfolio with long-standing relationships with the leaders in content creation software, and harnesses open standards-based technologies to fuel powerful, cost-effective solutions such as the powerful physically-based renderer, Radeon ProRender, and a wide range of tools and technologies for content creation available through GPUOpen.com.
AMD and Inventec Introduce the P47: 1 PetaFLOPS of Performance for the Ultimate Virtualization and Machine Intelligence Solution
- AMD and Inventec together unveiled the new P47, a massively parallel computing platform in a 2U form factor designed to excel in a range of tasks, from graphics virtualization to machine intelligence.
- A single rack of Inventec P47 systems boasts 1 PetaFLOPS of compute power at full 32-bit precision delivering a stunning 30 GigaFLOPS/W – more than 25% better compute efficiency than select competing supercomputing platforms.
- The rack boasts more cores, threads, compute units, IO lanes and memory channels in use at one time than in any other similarly configured system ever before.
- The P47 is expected to be available from Inventec and their principle distributor AMAX in Q4 of this year.