PLAY Expo Manchester Announces Huge Tomb Raider™ 20th Anniversary Celebration!
Manchester’s Biggest Gaming Expo Honours Legendary Gaming Series with Unmissable Weekend of Activity
Manchester, England – August 11, 2016 – PLAY Expo Manchester, the largest video game expo in the North of England, announced today a huge roster of events, taking place throughout the weekend, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Tomb Raider™ with a one-time-only series of events, proving unmissable for fans of the franchise.
In tribute to gaming’s first lady of adventure, the party starts with what is set to be the largest Tomb Raider panel ever assembled! Hosted by Sky Sports™ eSports commentator Matt Andrews, and with a host of famous names throughout the history of the franchise, fans will be able to engage in a Q&A with the panel as well as hear untold stories from the development of the series. With more names yet to announce, confirmed guests include:
- Ian Livingstone CBE: Former CEO of Eidos® Interactive
- Natalie Cook: Lara Croft™ original model for Tomb Raider
- Richard Morton: Lead Game Designer / Level Designer / Environmental Artist – Tomb Raider II™ – Tomb Raider III™ – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation™ – Tomb Raider Chronicles™ – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
- Gavin Rummery: Programmer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness / Head of Core® Design
- Heather Gibson: Level Designer for Tomb Raider / Tomb Raider II
- Andy Sandham: Level Designer / Artist / Script Writer – Tomb Raider III – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation – Tomb Raider Chronicles
- Murti Schofield: Lead Writer / Casting – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Nathan McCree: Composer – Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider III
With so many cast and development members’ together at last, no reunion on this scale would be complete without the opportunity to capture the moment, and a Tomb Raider themed photo shoot will be the perfect place stand shoulder-to-shoulder with gaming’s greatest heroes!
In a feat worthy of Lara herself, PLAY Expo Manchester has scoured the globe unearthing the rarest of Tomb Raider collectibles, merchandise and memorabilia, on show in a specially designed display. Respecting the ground-breaking gameplay that has defined the series for two decades, PLAY Expo Manchester journeys through time, with every single Tomb Raider game throughout the ages on display and ready to play!
Industry legend Ian Livingstone CBE, who played such an enormous role in the success of the series will be hosting a separate talk on his staggering career in gaming.
Offering a separate discussion, renowned musician and composer of the first three Tomb Raider games Nathan McCree joins the expo hosting a talk on the sound design of the franchise and the importance of audio in games today.
“Tomb Raider is a cultural phenomenon and a franchise which means so much to so many gamers. We couldn’t be more excited to make PLAY Expo Manchester the destination of choice for a 20th anniversary celebration of such a grand scale,” said Andy Brown, Director for Replay Events. “Tomb Raider fans simply cannot afford to miss out on PLAY Expo Manchester and this years’ show is shaping up to be extraordinary! We’re working hard to ensure that the expo provides something for everyone and with so much yet to announce we’re confident that the expo will prove to be an unmissable date on every gamers’ calendar.”
PLAY Expo Manchester is a highly popular two-day video game event, ideal for all the family and offering visitors an unrivalled experience with features, tournaments, exhibitors, industry guests, panels and so much more. Celebrating gaming and popular culture, the expo uniquely caters for casual fans and dedicated gamers alike and promises to be an event not to be missed.