June 19th 2018 – Noctua today introduced three quiet CPU coolers for the LGA3647 socket of Intel’s Xeon Scalable (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) and Xeon-Phi processors. Coming in 140, 120 and 92mm form factors respectively, the new NH-U14S DX-3647, NH-U12S DX-3647 and NH-D9 DX-3647 4U cover all bases from large, ultra-high performance workstations all the way to compact 4U size servers. Thanks to their premium-grade Noctua fans, all three coolers are exceptionally quiet and ideally suited for use in noise-sensitive environments.
“Many people tend to think that high CPU core counts and state-of-the-art performance have to go hand in hand with loud cooling fans” says Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO). “Our new DX-3647 line coolers for Intel’s LGA3647 based Xeon processors prove that this does not have to be the case. Whether it’s a high-end workstation or a 4U server, these coolers allow massive computational power to be combined with whisper-quiet operation!”
The new DX-3647 line coolers are dedicated, customised solutions for Intel’s professional LGA3647 platform, which makes them an ideal fit for both Skylake-SP-based Xeon Scalable CPUs (Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, Purley series) and Xeon-Phi processors (code names Knight’s Landing or Knight’s Mill). At 70x56mm, the heatsinks’ copper contact surface is more than double the size of the standard models. Tailored to fit the enormous integrated heat-spreaders (IHS) of Intel’s LGA3647-based processors, this customised design allows an optimal heat flow from the CPU over the base to the heatpipes and on to the cooling fins.
Whereas the large 14cm NH-U14S DX-3647 and 12cm NH-U12S DX-3647 are ideal for tower-style cases and thus lend themselves to use in high-performance quiet workstations, the smaller NH-D9 DX-3647 4U fits 4U cases, which makes it perfect for 4U class rack-mount servers that need to run as quietly as possible. While the 14cm model relies on a single NF-A15 PWM fan to achieve maximum performance, thanks to its large surface area, the 12cm and 9cm models use dual fan configurations with two NF-A12x25 (NH-U12S DX-3647) and NF-A9 HS-PWM (NH-D9 DX-3647 4U) fans to ensure outstanding performance despite their smaller size and surface area.
The heatsinks’ SecuFirm2™ mounting system includes two sets of brackets in order to support both square and narrow-type LGA3647 sockets. Thanks to the pre-installed mounting screws and included processor clips (square type and narrow type without Omni-Path fabric connector, with fabric connector on request), the installation procedure is easy, quick and secure. All three DX-3647 coolers come with NT-H1 thermal compound pre-applied, which ensures optimal bond-line thickness and saves precious time during installation.
Detailed specifications and photos
- NH-U14S DX-3647: https://noctua.at/en/nh-u14s-dx-3647
- NH-U12S DX-3647: https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12s-dx-3647
- NH-D9 DX-3647 4U: https://noctua.at/en/nh-d9-dx-3647-4u
Prices and availability
All models are available as of today via Noctua’s official Amazon and eBay outlets:
- Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.co.uk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.es: https://www.amazon.es/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.fr: https://www.amazon.fr/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Amazon.it: https://www.amazon.it/s/?field-keywords=noctua+3647
- Other sales partners will receive stock shortly.
The suggested retail prices are as follows:
- NH-U14S DX-3647: 89.90 EUR/USD
- NH-U12S DX-3647: 99.90 EUR/USD
- NH-D9 DX-3647 4U: 89.90 EUR/USD