AIO or All-In-One CPU coolers are a fairly standard bunch. They almost universally contain the same component parts of a pump on the CPU block, some tubing and then a radiator with fans attached. Even though they arrive on my desk with slight variations in size, colour, packaging, etc., it’s not often that I see something that actually looks different. Well, that changed for me today as I was able to get up close and personal with something a bit different from Deepcool.
It features a glass tube between the CPU block and the pump that allows you to see the liquid moving around in the loop, well, it does when there’s a few bubbles in it along with a pulsating red light that comes from the ‘reactor style’ housing. It is of course the Gamer Storm Captain and I have the 240 EX version which is their new upgraded version with better flow, better tubing, and in my opinion, much better styling. The complete unit is all black apart from that red glass tube and red lighting feature as well as red vibration absorbing pads on the 120mm fans. Let’s take a look at the full feature list and the tech specs as also available on the Captain’s website and then move on together to have a good look at what you receive for your hard earned cash, starting with the packaging and working our way in from there.
- Upgraded high-density water microchannel with powerful self-governed circulation system, 10% more efficient heat dissipation.
- Amazing glass design & patented visual external-circulation system.
- Updated tooling free installation solution, solid 100% metal material clip.
- Unique silent TF 120 double-blade fan to offer a higher air pressure for radiator, more efficient to take heat away.
- Upgraded anti-explosion rubber tube, anti-corrosion, crush resistance & Thermostable material.
- Three-phase induction motor built-in the powerful closed impeller, the stronger liquid flow & bigger delivery head.
- Long lifetime ceramic bearing with MTBF 120,000 hours.
- Crazy steampunk appearance & the unique reactor-style pump housing.
- Bionic red LED breathing light lightening up while operating.
The following specifications are as listed on the Gamer Storm Captain 240 EX product website.
High-End Desktop i7
Core i7 Extreme/i7/i5/i3
Phenom II X6/X4/X3/X2
Athlon II X4/X3/X2
|Fan Air Flow||153.04CFM（MAX）|
|Fan Air Pressure||3.31mmH2O(MAX)|
|Fan Life Expectancy||50000 hours|
|Fan Noise Level||17.6~31.3dB(A)|
|Fan Bearing Type||Hydro Bearing|
|Fan Rated Voltage||12VDC|
|Fan Rated Current||0.12±10%A(MAX)|
|Fan Power Consumption||1.44W|
|Main system Dimensions||92.5X93X85mm|
|Pump Life Expectancy||120000 hours|
|Pump Operating Voltage||6~13.8VDC|
|Pump Rated Voltage||12VDC|
|Pump Power Consumption||1.92W|