SilverStone is a company known for producing products of good quality. Since being founded in 2003 SilverStone has come a long way and is also a world-wide leader in it’s field and has even expanded its product range to help give their customers a wider selection of products they know they can trust. SilverStone produce a wide variety of products that include the likes of PC Cases/Chassis, power supplies, cooling options, accessories and more, with quite the lineup under their belt it will be interesting to see where SilverStone will go next!
Today I will be taking a look at one of their power supplies; namely the ST50F-ESG. The ST50F-ESG is part of the Essential Gold (ESG) lineup and is a 500W power supply with an 80+ Gold rating. It features a single 12V rail and has more than enough connections to power a system requiring a 500W (or less) power supply. Know SilverStone’s reputation for some of their other products I really am looking forward to testing this out and while I don’t have access to an ATE load tester I can still carry out a performance test of sorts.
Before we have a closer look, let’s check out the special features and a short unboxing video:
- High efficiency with 80 PLUS Gold certification
- 24/7 continuous power output with 40℃ operating temperature
- Class-leading single +12V rail
- Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise
- Multiple protection circuitries
- PCI-E 8pin and PCI-E 6pin connectors support
- Built-in silent & durable hybrid ceramic bearing (HYB) fan
- Active PFC