The first patch for the PC version of GTA5 has landed and it sorts out a lot of reported issues for the game.
These problems and the fixes in the patch range from crashes in the launcher to frame rate issues to weirder and less important issues like birds not flying properly in Rockstar Editor clips and the eyebrows and facial features of players being changed when transferring to PC.
The new patch, patch 1.01 addresses the strange issue which prevents the game from installing and running properly if you have anything but a letter or number in your Windows username. Rockstar did offer a work a work around this week, where you create a new Windows account with only letters and numbers and if you do so Rockstar updated their support website on how to continue your progress via the new account.
Other problems which haven’t been fixed with this patch includes losing your vehicle from the xbox 360/ps3 versions of the game, but Rockstar can’t necessarily fix that.
Here is a full list of 1.01 Patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where the GTA V Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew