- Brand: TeamGroup
- Model: Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz (TLYD38G1600HC9DC01)
- Price: £53.99 (at time of review)
TeamGroup have been making computer memory since 2004 which has been designed for overclocking from the very outset. Some people might never have heard of TeamGroup but as of 2012, they were the 11th largest global memory manufacturer in the world so they are obviously doing something right. With a HQ based in Taiwan and branch offices in Dubai and Japan, they are going from strength to strength.
With overclocking being an entity which is quite high on the list of the current generation of enthusiasts, how important is it that current products have the ability to be pushed to the limit?
Today I will be taking a look at their latest Vulcan GOLD 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 memory kit which features CL9 timings and has a rated operation voltage of 1.5v. Will this kit be a testament to the TeamGroup philosophy of overclocking or will it be more suited to those on a budget? Let’s find out, starting with the specifications…
Team Group, a strong and solid company growing rapidly in the global memory market, located global offices around the world to serve all major market and create outstanding services to all our customers. Offices include Hong Kong, Japan. From an office of only 4 employees to over 400 global employees, Team Group employee upholds the “Honesty, Professional, Efficiency, Discipline, Simplicity” operation philosophy to ensure total customer satisfaction. We have become one of the fastest growing 3C product manufactures.
– Module Type 240Pin Unbuffered DIMM Non ECC
– CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS 9-9-9-24
– DRAM Density 128×8 / 256×8 / 512×8
– Data transfer bandwidth 12,800MB/Sec (PC3 12800)
– Heat Sink Aluminum heat-sink
– Working voltage 1.50V-1.60V
– Warranty Lifetime warranty
– Haswell & AMD Richland compatible