- Manufacturer: Tech21
- Model: Impact Folio
- Price: £64.99 (At the time of review)
When you splurge a reasonable sum of money on a new phone or tablet, it’s of no surprise that often the first thing we do is to purchase a case to keep it protected, despite materials becoming lighter and stronger. Sometimes it’s not just to protect it, but to make it yours, by adding a splash of colour, a customised photograph or a bit of bling. That aside, it’s now fairly common to see cases being sold alongside tablets and smartphones, all boasting a plethora of technical innovations that can keep your device protected.
Today I will be taking a look at Tech21’s latest case for the Apple iPad Air (1 & 2). In the past, I had the pleasure of reviewing the Impact Snap MacBook Pro case. Both cases feature FlexShock technology, which is unique to Tech21. If you wish to read up on more of the science about it, click here to find out more about Impactology.
In the past, we’ve seen cases that restrict quite a few functions of the tablet, or only protect the edges/back and not the front: this is not the case (no pun intended) with the Impact Folio as it offers all-round protection without restricting any buttons or ports. The full features can be found below:
- Advanced impact absorption through FlexShock™ and geometric ribbing structure
- Built to exceed MIL-STD 810G.516.6 to 1.8m/6ft
- Fully integrated folio cover
- Multiple folio positions: landscape viewing and typing angles Auto wake magnets
- Mechanical button for ease of use Access to all features
Let’s take a look at the case.