Last time out, SanDisk scored some impressive figures with their premium drive; the Extreme PRO. With it being our first outing into their hefty storage based product range, today we of course have another SSD that SanDisk like to boast about. Now for those who aren’t too familiar with SanDisk and what they stand for, they focus all their efforts into innovating storage and you only have to ask professional photographers what they think of their SD cards; top performance and reliability. For 25 years, this America based company has been pushing the boundaries and has recently won acclaim for their introduction of a solid 10 year warranty on their extreme pro.
Now today on the test bench is the SanDisk Ultra II 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD) which might not come with a 10 year warranty (3 years to be exact), but it is aimed at the consumer on a budget whilst still delivering top read and write speeds with the all-important reliability SanDisk are known for.
Let’s take a look at the specifications and then crack on with the review shall we…
- Available capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.96 x 0.28 in. (69.85mm x 100.5mm x 7.0 mm)
- Shock: Resistant up to 1500G
- Vibration: Resistant 5 gRMS, 10-2000 HZ / 4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ)
- Temperature: 32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
- Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gb/s)
- Endurance: MTBF: 1.75 million hours
- Warranty: United States: 3-year limited warranty. All other regions: 3-year warranty