Today, we will be taking a look at the Parthica Core Gaming Keyboard from manufacturer, SpeedLink. Currently the highest specification in their gaming range, SpeedLink’s Parthica Core is designed with gamers in mind and comes with plenty of customisable buttons and additional essential features for gaming on a fairly low budget. With this said, we do hope to see SpeedLink move towards more higher specification hardware in the near future but for now, we will take an in-depth look at this product and its key selling points.
For those of you who are not aware, “SPEEDLINK is one of the leading brands in computer and video game accessories in Europe. The products combine new technologies with excellent design and outstanding functionality. SPEEDLINK has enjoyed continuous growth since its founding in 1998. Today, the company′s products can be found in over 30 countries in Europe. The over 10 million sound systems and over 15 million game controllers sold impressively demonstrate SPEEDLINK′s market presence.” As stated by Speedlink on their website.
PLEASE NOTE, we will be reviewing the German keyboard layout model of the Parthica Core which was accidentally sent to us. As the review is based entirely on the aesthetics, comfort, specification, performance and other key points, the keyboard layout is not an essential thing nor does it change our views on this device in any way.
The SpeedLink Parthica is a gaming inspired plunger keyboard (no mechanical switches for all you purists out there) that is supported by Windows 7 (and prior)/8/8.1 and 10 platforms. We were unable to test on any other OS like MacOS or Linux but we are sure it will also be supported due to the Parthica’s Plug’n’Play capabilities. Sporting 93 configurable keys, 15 freely programmable buttons, 5 macro buttons plus 10 multimedia buttons and practical on-the-fly macro recording you won’t go shy of buttons for assigning commands to. With 128kbit of internal memory, a polling rate of 125 – 1,000Hz and six-way rollover, there is much on offer for this keyboard.
A specification sheet, collaboratively produced by SpeedLink and their R&D team, can be found below or alternatively, under the specification header on their product web page here.
- Efficient gaming keyboard for professionals
- Customisable functions and look
- Freely configurable key/button functions
- Professional gaming keyboard with LED illumination
- 93 configurable keys, 15 freely programmable buttons
- 5 macro buttons plus 10 multimedia buttons and practical on-the-fly macro recording
- Maximum gaming comfort thanks to extra-high raised keys for precise keystrokes, clearly-labelled WASD and arrow keys, plus an on/off switchable Windows key
- Anti-ghosting and up to 6-key rollover technology
- On/off switchable and configurable LED keyboard illumination with 3 breathtaking colours
- Profile button for toggling between up to 5 config profiles
- Powerful macro editor integrated in the driver
- Internal memory (128kb) for importing/exporting profiles
- Auto-loading game profiles
- Perfect ergonomics thanks to comfortable wrist rest, rubberised finish and height adjustment
- USB polling rate configurable up to 1000Hz (ultrapolling)
- Four selectable response-times down to 2 milliseconds
- Flexible USB cable with hard-wearing sheath (1.8m)
“Optimise your responsiveness, precision and comfort; take your enemies by surprise by unleashing complex macros at lightning-fast speed, and walk away victorious thanks to your customised profiles. The PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard offers hardcore gamers all the customisation options they could wish for. It’s impressive configuration software lets you customise the PARTHICA Gaming Keyboard to suit the way you game. Boasting GOD (Game on Detection) technology, game profiles can be stored really easily and loaded automatically when you start a game. You can freely configure which atmospheric colour best suits the gaming mood and whether you want the indirect illumination to pulsate at either full or half force. What’s more, as you can assign colour schemes to profiles and thanks to the additional profile indicator, you know precisely which key assignments are currently activated.”
|Macro programmable keys||15|
|Lighting colour||Volcano Red, Iron Blue, Tyrian Purple|
|GOD Mode (Automatic Games Identification)||✓|
|Storable profiles||5 Profiles|
|Disconnectable windows key||✓|
|Light Effects||Constantly (2 steps)/Pulsating|