- Manufacturer: Cherry
- Model: MX Board 6.0 (G80-3930)
- Price: £149.99 (At the time of review)
Mechanical keyboards are all the rage right now, with nearly all of the major PC hardware brands having their own range – whether they are using Cherry MX, Kailh, Gateron or even their own brand of switches. They are popular due to the customisability, durability and performance, although do come at a premium over the more common rubber dome keyboards.
Cherry is a well know brand of keyboards and keyboard components i.e. the infamous Cherry MX switch and have been around for decades, so is well versed in the art of designing input devices. With that said, Cherry were relatively slow to pick up on the popularity of their MX switch for gaming and have only just started to keep up with the demand of their components. They currently do not have any gaming keyboards and have instead targeted the commercial, industrial and medical markets with their high quality and durable keyboards. Today I will be taking a look at their latest premium mechanical keyboard that is almost a bridge between the gap of professional and gaming – the Cherry MX Board 6.0 AKA G80-3930.
In the past, we took at Cherry’s first attempt at bridging the gap, with the MX Board 3.0, which featured low profile key caps and an overall slim look. Whilst it was a decent keyboard, it still was still lacking in the features department and had a cheap feel to it. The MX Board 6.0 is Cherry’s answer to those missing features, however it is much more of a “premium” keyboard in both style and functionality. Surprisingly, Cherry has opted for an aluminium body and full red LED backlighting – a first for Cherry! Check out the full specifications below:
- The world´s fastest keyboard – with CHERRY MX and CHERRY RK
- Mechanics: CHERRY MX technology – Gold Crosspoint precision module for all keys “Made in Germany”
- Electrics: CHERRY RealKey technology – fully analog signal processing
- Full N-Key rollover – all keys are read simultaneously
- 100 % anti-ghosting – no inputting errors • Aluminium top housing with sanded finish and grease resistant coating
- Bi-colour status keys (blue backlight when activated)
- Win-Key deactivation
- 12 double function keys
- Red LED key backlight with adjustable brightness (dimmer)
- Rubber palm rest with magnetic connector (quick-snap) • 200 cm cable with textile covering Technical
- Housing colour: Aluminium (Sanded-Finish)
- Key colour: black
- Weight (product): approx. 1350 g (Keyboard), 257 g (Wrist rest)
As you can see the MX Board 6.0 has some interesting and unseen characteristics, such as RealKey technology – more on this later however, as it’s now time to take a look at the keyboard.